Monday, December 6, 2010

Training and swimming update - 12/5/10 week

This past week was the best training since I completed the Rev3 Full Ironman Triathlon in September.

I challenged myself to give a weekly update on my swimming progress this winter, be it good, bad or ugly... so I'll start with that. My total yards for the week aren't off the charts at about 8200y... done in 4 sessions. This week was about speed. Lots of 50s (36-37 seconds) and Sunday's 20 minute threshold time trial (1325y = 1:30/100y). This compares well to past winters (and even this summer, for the matter). I have a lot more improvement needed to hit my goal (22:00 Olympic Tri swim in 2011 - down from the 25:30s, I've been doing). With just a month of focused swim training, I'm already getting faster - and that is a good thing!

This week's cycling was only two sessions - a 45 minute AT test administered by Coach Gregg Brekke which showed a 35 watt power increase at the same HR compared to last December!!! And the Tuesday SnakeBite cycling session, of course.

The running is going well also. 30 quality miles... a 13.3 mile run in the cold/wind (7:56/mi pace - negative split 8:09 1st half, 7:45 2nd half)... solid track workout (100y, 400y reps) and two 10k recovery runs in the park.

At the end of the week, I still felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment